Certified Nurse Midwife
Risa Rispoli, B.S.N., CNM, is a Certified Nurse Midwife with East Valley Women’s Midwifery Group. Risa graduated with her Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Rutherford, New Jersey. While at a student nurses’ convention during her junior year she attended a Nurse Midwifery session and was immediately enamored with her new course of study. It was soon after that she was on a plane to Glasgow, Scotland, where she attended Northern Glasgow College of Nursing and Midwifery. Risa has worked in various locations and has both her nursing and midwifery licenses in New Jersey, New York, Virginia and Arizona. She has been practicing for 35 years and the first baby she delivered turned 35 in August.
She has practiced as a Certified Nurse Midwife with high-risk mothers and babies and has performed over 10,000 deliveries. Risa specializes in, but is not limited to the following services and procedures:
- Well-woman GYN visits for routine annual exams including pap smears, mammograms, lab tests, birth control and hormone replacement therapy.
- Infection testing for UTIs and STDs.
- Birth control counseling for diaphragms, IUDs, Nexplanon and referrals for tubal ligation or Essure.
- Management of abnormal pap smears.
- Screening and treatment of vaginal infections.
- Assessment and treatment of abnormal periods.
- Assessment and treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Prenatal care.
- Labor and delivery care with consideration for your preferences for a natural birth or plan one with medication. (Positioning and movement is encouraged, unless your situation necessitates otherwise.)
- Postpartum care.
- Vulvar and labial biopsies.
Risa was born in Brooklyn and raised in various parts of upstate New York and New Jersey. She is a fan of the New York Giants, New York Yankees and the Pittsburgh Penguins. In her spare time Risa likes to read, play golf, ski and counted cross stitch. She enjoys traveling, especially cruising, attending Couchercon and Malice, which are murder mystery writers and fan conventions. Risa also enjoys Pilates and aqua aerobics.
Schedule your prenatal or GYN appointment with a midwife. Call 480-632-2004.
To learn more about your options, contact East Valley Women’s Midwifery Group at our Mesa location on the campus of Mountain Vista Medical Center in the medical office building (10238 E. Hampton Ave., Suite 212, Mesa, 85209). Call 480-632-2004.